Tuesday, April 26, 2011

39 Week Check-Up

I had a great doctor appointment this morning!  I haven't dilated anymore (I'm still at 2cm) but I have progressed to 70% effaced and the baby is at a -1 station.  (This website explains it better than I can: http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/pregnancy/effacement.asp).  

I've been having frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions as well!  I'm just waiting for that first painful contraction so that we can get this ball rolling!  As for other fun pregnancy things, I've had some trouble falling asleep and then I'll wake up every 2 hours for no reason.  Usually by 3am I am able to stay asleep until 8am.  I don't feel tired during the day though so it's not really that bad. 

And still no stretch marks--Woohoo! (knock on wood)--but I have had some back pain and the occassional swollen ankles.  It's nothing too bothersome, but I'm ready to have my body back.  My poor feet hurt from all this weight!  I'm looking forward to feeling lighter again.

The heartburn has perhaps been the most annoying thing, especially at bed time.  Imagine trying to sleep, but you can't because you keep burping!  lol 

So what does our life look like right now as we wait for Baby Calvin?   Since I'm not working, I'm trying to keep busy at home.  I would have liked to get some scrapbooking done over the last two weeks, but with my hard drive crashing and having to wait for another one in the mail, I'm resigned to reading for hours a day.  Luckily, I have a really good book -- and it's over 800 pages!  I also go for walks, run errands, keep the house tidy, have an afternoon nap, and go to class (although Monday night was the last time we meet for the semester).  Yup, pretty boring. 

Adam spends Sunday afternoons through Friday evenings down in Tacoma at the Fire Academy.  He is having a blast!  Last week were midterms, which he rocked, and he learned all about "forceable entry." Basically, he was getting paid to saw holes in buildings.  Awesome.  :) 

When he comes home on the weekends, we go out for dinner either Friday or Saturday night so that we have a designated time to catch up, since we only get to talk about 3-5 minutes a night during the week.  During the rest of the weekend I'll iron his coveralls and make all the dinners for the following week (they don't provide dinners down at Academy) while he studies.  Poor guy doesn't get much of a weekend because of the homework, but for some reason, just having him home makes it all better.   Sunday afternoon he's off to Tacoma again, and I start counting down the days until Friday!  I miss him during the week, but I'm not rendered helpless when he's gone. Mostly, I'm just bored.  I can't wait for Calvin to get here so I have something to do!  :) 

Well, that's all for now!  I'm crossing my fingers that I go into labor tonight!  That way Calvin's birthday will be April 27th, mine is May 28th, and Adam's is June 29th.  Cute, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment