Sunday, April 10, 2011

Feeling Good!

20 Days!  20 Days!!!!   For some reason that number seems much more imminent than "3 Weeks."  

Since I'm due in 20 days, lots of people have asked me "how I'm doing."  I think they're expecting me to list off all the aches and pains I'm experiencing, but I have to admit, I think I've been pretty blessed this pregnancy.  I feel great!  

The first four months were awful (I'll spare you the details), but I haven't experienced any of the typical discomforts or ailments, with the exception of morning sickness: Back pains, stretch marks, sleep deprivation, skin changes, or swollen ankles (well, I did once, but I didn't notice until I glanced at my feet and noticed they were bigger than normal so I didn't even feel it).  I haven't experienced any Braxton-Hicks contractions or food cravings either.  Is it strange that I'm a little disappointed by this?  :) 

A couple of things I'm going to miss about being pregnant: 
1.  Not having clumps of hair finding its way into the shower drain.  My hair has actually stayed in my head the last 37 weeks. 
2. No acne! 
3. No migraines!  Although I'm hoping pregnancy will be like a "reset" button, and that I will no longer have them even after delivery.
4.  A good excuse to have gained 50 pounds.  Whatev.
5. A baby who sleeps when I sleep.  I haven't been awakened at all by a kicking baby.  I'm sure that will change once Calvin is told he can't stay in the swimming pool. 

I'm crossing my fingers now that I've posted this update that I don't get bombarded with every symptom listed above.   :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment